Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Resolve

    So here we are, 8:30 in the evening and I've made no success in coming up with something to write about. The night hangs in the sky quietly as the colors of the day fade to gray; a quiet reminder that Wednesday is drawing its final waking breath. These last couple weeks have been some of the busiest in my short life, and I'm thankful for all that I've gotten to accomplish and the opportunities I've had to support people. 
    I've resolved to post on Casting Lots every week, no matter the circumstances. So despite the fact that I have no plans or ideas for this article, I sit here before you to write whatever it is that decides to flow from my fingertips onto the keyboard.

InnRoads
    It has been on my heart for some time now; this subtle call that I've felt towards the InnRoads community. If you're reading this blog and are unfamiliar with InnRoads Ministries, I would first ask you how you found me, but I would also ask you to become acquianted with them. They are a ministry of believers (that's churchy-talk for 'Christians') who try to live Christ through their love of games, tabletop or otherwise. 
    Be it the Holy Spirit or simply camaraderie, I've been drawn towards the InnRoads community with the strong desire to support. Sure, I write articles and things and post them to the Tavern (the InnRoads Facebook group), but blogs posts and game advice aren't what strengthen a community. A community is founded on relationships with each other and with God. So little by little, my desire is to build a relationship with the men and women there; a task that is daunting for me, who by nature must exert great effort to socialize with others.

    So, I suppose this is my love letter to the InnRoads community. Maybe that's weird, but I suppose that when you write without an intentional topic, whatever it is that's in the back of your mind comes out to influence it.

Anyway, next week I shall endeavor to find some constructive content for you to enjoy. Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment